Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ms. Erree

Common LoonImage via Wikipedia



Why the loon? Because I must be crazy to live here.
Just a soupcon of snow and cold elevate my threat level to red. Between my Reynaud's Syndrome, my Seasonal Affective Disorder, my fear of winter driving, my propensity for falling (not to mention my tendency to drama) - my personal department of homeland security says WHAT THE H*LL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?*

Yes, we have a "higher standard of living", tho' short-sighted IR politicians are doing their best to short-circuit it. And even with its warm weather, the Lone Star State doesn't hold a candle to the North Star State.

But if I can't get my hands and feet warm; if I can't get enough sunshine; if I have to drive everywhere even in inclement weather; what's the point? It's not going to get easier as I get older. It's hard to imagine my golden age here.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: